Thursday, December 23, 2010

Visiting with the Cabinet Man

On Monday, December 21, I met with Michael York, the "Cabinet Man".  I spent two hours with him finalizing all the cabinet details, approving all new appliances, picked out counter tops, and finalized all the kitchen details.

I changed my mind (I know this is a surprise) about the wood the cabinets and vanities will be made out of.  I had originally selected beech, but changed my mind to hickory...it has more character and looks more like what I want.  I selected the door style "Shaker"  ..this is a square look.

Since I now know what the walls and logs look like, it was easier to pick the kitchen cabinets.  The look will blend into the log walls better and not be so "out there"!  If I had my way, I wouldn't even put up cabinets, as I don't want the logs to be hidden.  However, I was convinced that all kitchens need cabinets to hold stuff!  So, I am pleased with the decisions.  We are using Canyon Creek cabinets.

Appliances are all stainless steel and will look clean and professional!

Hans and I haven't been on the mountain for over ten days, so no new pictures to share with you.  We plan on going up on Christmas Eve.  From what Dennis Johnston, our building project manager, told me on Monday, the doors and windows are in!!!

We'll post more on Friday, after we've visited the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment